A prayer for Internet Users (to St. Isidore, the proposed patron of the Internet)

Almighty and eternal God,who created us in Thy image and bade us to seek
after all that is good,true and beautiful,especially in the divine person of Thy
only-begotten Son,our Lord Jesus Christ,grant we beseech Thee that,through the
intercession of Saint Isidore,bishop and doctor,during our journeys through the
internet we will direct our hands and eyes only to that which is pleasing to
Thee and treat with charity and patience all those souls whom we
encounter.Through Christ our Lord. Amen


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thank God for his great gift

Ten years back on this day I was ordained as a priest. Wonderful gift of priesthood was bestowed on me. What a joy and privilege. Today I thank the Lord for the gift of priesthood. Ten long years went like two years. I still feel I am newly ordained. Still discovering what it means to be a priest. I am humbled by the words of appreciation the Parish Priest wrote about me in this week's News-letter. "Congrats to Fr.Bosco............hard-working and holy".
I pray that the Lord may make me like that. Holiness is a life long journey. Holiness is not just closing the eyes when I say prayers and mass. It is much more than that. It is closing my eyes and ears to the attractions of this world. Control of mind and heart over the senses. Undivided attention and devotion to the work I do. Finding joy in the work I do. Keeping away from pride, prejudice and selfishness. Being magnanimous even when you are used, abused, laughed at and threatened. A life long journey.
The Lord sustained me all these ten years. I can feel his presence in my life. Specially when I have to walk through the dark days of my life, he was there. When I was discouraged he was my comfort, when overjoyed he was my companion.
I only pray that I may know him more clearly,
Love him more dearly,
Follow him more nearly.

Ten years are not enough. Give me more.
Thanks for all your prayers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Fr,just read your page and am very impressed at your unique way of spreading Gods word to all those who are interested in following Jesus,keep up the good work and may God bless you in your ministry,love and God bless Vivian